Looking for information about mental health, and where to find help? eMentalHealth.ca provides anonymous, confidential and trustworthy information, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Mental Health Help (i.e. directory of mental health services and organizations)
- Info Sheets: Information about a variety of mental health conditions and topics.
- Screening Tools: Find out if you or a loved one has a mental health concern with our free, online screening tools.
- Events Calendar: Information about mental health events in your area.
- News Feed: Information about the latest mental health news.
- Research directory: Information about research studies in your area.
Who We Are
eMentalHealth.ca is a non-profit initiative of the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) dedicated to improving the mental health of children, youth and families.
Are you interested in bringing eMentalHealth.ca to your community?
One pager description | English
Powerpoint: Introduction for Professionals
History and Timeline
- eMentalHealth.ca was founded by Dr. Michael Cheng, Child and Family Psychiatrist at CHEO, in collaboration with Amy Martin, Clinician at Crossroads Children's Centre
- Special thanks to the City of Ottawa and Community Foundation Ottawa for seed funding
- eMentalHealth.ca was an initiative of the Ontario Centre of Excellence for Child and Youth Mental Health.
- Special thanks to the Ontario Centre of Excellence for its generous support over the years
- eMentalHealth.ca returns to the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) as an initiative to benefit children, youth and families with mental health needs in Eastern Ontario and beyond
Special thanks to the generosity of all the volunteers who have contributed to the site (alphabetically), which have included:
- Sarina Aarenau.
- Michele A.
- Alex Birk-Urovitz
- Monika Dugas
- Sarah Ghabrial
- Colombe Lalonde-Jones
- Kevin Polesello
- Rebeca S.
- Denise St-Jean
- Grace W.
- And many others...